Difference Between Small Talk in the U.S. & India
Posted On: July 7, 2016
The Small Talk Seminar is one of the most popular training programs offered through Authentic Journeys; over 1,000 people have attended it so far.
Based on the lessons I have learned delivering this session to over 1,000 professionals, I will share some of the dos and don’ts of small talk, including:
- What are common questions to ask in India, and if they are acceptable with Americans
- How to translate Indian English questions into American English (if needed)
- Different variations (or synonyms) for these questions
- How to hear these questions more clearly if Americans are speaking fast (accent reduction and listening comprehension)
- How to answer these questions
- How to add these questions into various types of conversations
- Which questions are acceptable, avoidable and cautionary
Listen to the video below for the introduction to this series. Keep tuned into this blog to follow this series.