Connecting people with other people or things they benefit from as well as doing things we are passionate about can provide ample opportunities for networking. I will share 15 ways I have networked without thinking it was networking!
1. Helped Someone
2. Asked for Someone’s Help
3. Wanted to know more about someone
4. Take a class
5. Forge Alumni Ties
6. Attend a trade show or sponsor pavilion
7. Joined a Committee at Work or College
8. Volunteer in the Community
9. Volunteered to Make Office Work Efficient
10. Introduced people or organizations
11. Offered to give a presentation / class
12. Give to people outside your team or in the community
13. Help organize or present at a conference
14. Join a cultural or ethnic community and organize or participate in some event
15. Mobilize community resources
16. Be a podcast guest
17. Host or be a guest on a webinar
How have you networked in creative ways? Often many of these activities can be resume builders, either as professional development or as community participation.
If you need help preparing your network strategy, role playing your tactics or preparing your materials for events, we provide coaching to help you build your career in the US or with North Americans. Get in touch with us to get started.