I've taken a few notes from the video that I will share with you below. But, to make the most effective use of the notes, take a look at his video and use it as a spring board for conversation on your own sales team.
After watching the video, I have extracted some self-reflection questions you could use with your sales people when reviewing best practices:
Questions to ask yourself about Sales Cycles:
- What is your typical sales cycle?
- How much time is the average time it takes your sales people to close a sale?
- Ideas on what makes a sales cycle shorter? Longer?
- Can the ideas for making sales cycles shorter be applied to other prospects?
- What is the difference in a sales cycle when it comes to re-engaging previous clients?
- What factors create lower or higher win rates?
- Is your sales team keeping statistics to help track progress?
- What are the quotas? What is being done to keep sales people accountable when it comes to quotas?
- If sales people have time limits for their phone calls, how have the time limits been set? How does the time limit help or hinder closing a sale?
- What are the characteristics of your sales pipelines?
- Are there bottlenecks in the pipeline (pipeline velocity)?
- How many times does a sales person have to call to get to the decision maker? How does this effect the sales cycle?
- What are best practices your sales team has identified to be able to get through the gatekeepers to reach decision makers faster?
- How many calls would a sales person make before giving up? (The video suggests most people give up after getting to the fourth level contact.)
- Are sales team members comfortable with leaving voice mail?
Analyze the Salesperson “Sales DNA” (Watch from the 4 minute mark)
Sales DNA is the combination of strengths that create a winning sales formula. Six aspects of the sales DNA include:
- Non-Supportive Sales Cycle
- Need For Approval
- Become Emotional
- Difficulty Recovering from Rejections
- Self-Limiting Beliefs
- Difficulty Discussing Money
Access the sales training webinar for free from this link.
More Negotiation Tips from Americans:
3 Tips To Effective Negotiations - With A Short Video Talk
6 Ways to Convince Someone (Video Tutorial) - Leveraging Strategies
Putting Customers/Clients on Hold or Transfering a Call (Video tutorials)
Tips on how to professionally answer the phone (with videos)
How to Impress American Customers