This is a common and acceptable small talk question to use to start meetings or conversations on Mondays. If you are in the U.S., this question can be used on Mondays instead of, "How are you?" or "How's your day?" If you are on a virtual team, this is a good question to use to start the call.
In the video below, Jennifer shares:
- Sample conversations using this question.
- How to use this question to build relationships with Americans.
- The importance of listening and remembering.
- Tips on handling a very delicate topic, if broached.
- Unique things some Americans do in their spare time.
Learn more about our Small Talk corporate training session.
Transition from small talk to business talk
"What are you doing this weekend?" Small Talk Questions for Fridays