Some of the similarities paritcipants noted after a two day cross-cultural training program are listed below.
People from India and the U.S.:
- have many holidays, and enjoy a lot in their holidays
- partially disagree in similar ways
- like to make small talk during business meetings
- have a diversity of people and cultures
- both classify their regions like north, south, etc.
- have manners and pleasantries when interacting with each other
- give importance to family during their celebrations
- like to socialize with their coworkers and celebrate special occassions
What other similiarities have you noticed between the U.S. and Indian business cultures? Feel free to note them in the comments below.
To learn more about the offerings and cross-cultural training programs for your team, see our Programs page.