- Wanting to change meeting times with clients or end the meeting early?
- Wanting to push back on deadlines or suggested time frames?
- Wanting to say no politely or negotiate on the tasks or features of a project, but not sure how to convince them?
- A more diplomatic way to discuss problems or pointing out mistakes during escalations?
Convincing Western counterparts is a learned skill.
This one-day session will expose participants to the psychological, communication and cultural skills that help to persuade Americans.
8-Hour Program Syllabus
Participants will learn, discuss and practice:
- Myths of Negotiation
- 6 Ways to Persuade – Emotionally Based
- 7 Ways to Convince – Factual Based
- Learn & Apply Diplomatic Phrases for Negotiation & Relationship Building
- 3 Phases of the Negotiation Process - Preparation, Negotiation, Follow-Up
- A good grasp of English is required.
- Sessions tailored for professionals with 5-25 years of experience.
- Candidates with regular interaction with Western native-English speaking clients (phone, email, IM)
- Team leads or representatives handling difficult situations and critical discussions.
- Offshore team members in global locations or expat employees or business people in the US wanting US culture training on advanced communication tips and Western mindset.
- For groups - A maximum of 20 candidates can attend this session.
- For individuals - in-person or virtual guided webinars available (self-paced or guided with facilitator)
Job Titles of Some Participants Include:
- Delivery Manager
- Project Manager
- Senior Software Engineer
- Team Lead
- Customized role plays Trainer will work with team leads or HR to create custom role plays or mocks based on your specific client need.
- Recordings during the training.** Trainer will record groups enacting mocks/role plays and give more detailed feedback
- Recordings outside the training. Trainer will have access to recordings of client phone calls for analysis of real time communication
- Select employees can continue 1:1 or small group work with the trainer after the classroom sessions end
Gauge of Costs:
Session fees are set based on: Current rates, Number of Participants, and Customizations
Please contact us to discuss your group details and requirements for your quote.
- “How to say yes and no in a diplomatic and professional way.”
- “How our voice and words impact the tone of a message.”
- “Now I understand negotiation is a communication skill. I have to keep learning and practicing to get better!” Participants from UST Global, Kochi & Bangalore
|Participants in Bangalore, March 2014|
- A 10-Week Program: Customer Service & Rapport Building With Americans
- Rapport Building with Americans – Understanding US Office Culture
- Accent Training Programs
- Individual coaching for select participants
Contact us for more information on these and other related programs.