Fast Facts about Halloween:
- Halloween falls on October 31 every year.
- It is not a federal holiday. No one gets a day off of work or school for this holiday.
- School kids will prepare weeks in advance by choosing and buying a costume they will wear on Halloween day.
- Some children will wear costumes (known as fancy dresses in India) to school, have a parade and some may even win prizes for their costume.
- Other children do not choose to wear their costume to school, but will wear it after school to go trick or treating.
- Trick or treating is the custom of dressing in a costume and going from house to house to collect candy from neighbors.
Are there idioms about Halloween particular to your area of the US?
What are the small talk topics you talk about with others about Halloween?
Feel free to leave your feedback in the comments box below.
Jennifer Kumar is a cross-cultural trainer helping Indians to find comfort in speaking with their American colleagues and clients through cross-cultural activities and role plays. Contact her for more information today!
What is Trick or Treating?
Behind the Mask!! - Learning about others when they dress up for Halloween!
Daylight Savings Time
Networked Blogs Link: http://nblo.gs/Q92ZD