Have you struggled with adjusting to American culture as an Indian?
Have you struggled with culture shock in India?
Do you need help with your cross-cultural relationships and friendships?
Is the inability to speak fluent American English holding you back from the success you deserve?
Do you know anyone preparing to move between the USA and India for studies, work or family life?
I understand the struggles that you will encounter. I have lived through the transitions of moving to India from the USA not once but twice.
My name is Jennifer Kumar. I am an American living in Kochi. I have been here since March 2011. For the last 15 years, I have been living, breathing, and, yes, "eating" American and Indian culture. It's my passion to create harmony between these two diverse cultures and lifestyles. If you are struggling with this, I can help you as I care about your success.
My field of work is coaching in soft skills to help with cross-cultural success.
I focus on helping increase understanding cross-culturally between Indians an Americans. I have chosen this specialty because of my fondness for your country. I began to learn about India in 1996. Since then I have been active in NRI and Indian groups in US, with close ties to Tamil and Malayalee groups. Since 1996, I have lived in India twice. The first time I lived in Chennai for two years, where I earned my master’s degree in Madras Christian College. Following this, I moved back to US for several years, and have now relocated again to India; to Kochi. I am married to a Malayalee and am very happy to be more integrated into Indian culture. I am always striving for a balance between my American and Indian identities. Myself having this struggle, while understanding the beauties of both cultures, I am very passionate about helping Indians be better understood by Americans and helping Americans be better understood by Indians and adapt to Indian culture.
When Indians can understand the inside of American culture from an American who also knows quite a bit about their Indian culture, it is beneficial because:
Of course, the same is true for Americans who learn about India from an American who looks deep inside the culture. Besides looking deep into the culture, I will look deep inside of the concerns you are facing to help you find and apply the best solution to the problem that balances productivity, work ethics, and cross-cultural understanding without compromising your identity. I have seen the transformations; and have undergone them myself. I have seen it from both sides of the fence.
That being said, I am a consultant, coach and trainer. I am self-employed. As you will see by my resume, I have already completed some projects in and around Kochi. I am honored to add you or your company to my list of clients.
Projects I Have Experience In Include:
- Cross culture training for short and long term expat assignments. (In person and e-solutions available.)
- One on one and small group American English communication skills (accent reduction, communication techniques, related topics)
- Career Enhancement Coaching. This service enhances employee retention- helping your employees grow professionally along with the growth of the organization. Other corporate programs also available.
- Communication skills coaching. This mediation technique will review, analyze and offer solutions for cross-cultural communication misunderstandings between Indians and American clients.
- Cross-cultural pre-departure classes for Indians planning to study in USA and Americans coming to India.
- Help for Indians to Americanize their resume, prepare for job interviews, and career development
- Help for Indian spouses on dependent visas (H4, etc) to cope with daily life in USA
- Coaching to prepare for cross-cultural and international marriages between Americans and Indians, or for Indians entering into arranged marriages with someone in USA.
- Personality development courses.
The links within this letter will take you to more thorough descriptions of the services provided.
If you’d like to know what past clients have said, click here..
Feel free to peruse my resume and brochures. I am available and pleased to come in and meet you in person at your convenience to discuss further.
Thank you for your valuable time.
Links in this post:
All Services Provided
American English Conversational Coaching
How Indians Can Prevent Costly Mistakes Abroad
Jennifer Kumar’s Resume
Living in US on a H4 (dependent) Visa
Preparing to Study in USA – A Preparatory Program
Testimonials & Success Stories